Tuesday, April 29, 2014

4/29/14

I completed my first week as district leader. Which pretty much meant that I called a lot more people this week and taught a district class.
So far I am really enjoying the added responsibility and teaching other missionaries. For my first district class we talked a little about how we can be more consecrated in the Work of the Lord. To serve him with all of our heart might mind and strength. A lot of people think is very hard, to just forget yourself and go to work... and they are right. At first it is very hard, but once you get to that point, there is a peace and a happiness that comes along with it that I have never felt in my life. I mean this mission is only 2 years of my life that’s like nothing...
Everyone is so busy all the time... they have work, school, families, friends, and things to do, stuff to buy. People to please. It makes me a little sad that people miss the simple and most enjoyable parts of life within the rush.
I have heard too many times this week... “I don’t have time to talk! Or I’m in a rush" bummer... because I was only trying to bless your life.
Missionaries as well make that same error. Some get caught up with the numbers and the busyness of the mission that they don’t see the simple miracles that happen every day. There are people we walk by every day that have never heard the message of the restoration of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. So why not take the time to talk to them (or at least talk to the ones that are not "too busy")? Why not say hello to every single person you pass? It’s very simple and easy to do.
We were walking to lunch this week and I saw a women watering her plants. And in her window she had a sign that said "sells plants and cactus"
CACTUS!! I was so excited! I so talked to her, and I so bought a tiny tiny cactus and I named it spike (original right) and then we got to talking and we are going to go back this week to teach her! High five cactus (but that would actually hurt)
I also bought another plant for our house and named it "La Suzie" we can’t have a pet so might as well buy a plant right.
This week I studied 3 Nephi when Christ appeared and taught to the people in the Americas. Wow it was so powerful. Jesus truly is the savior of the world and he visited many parts of the world to tell us. He suffered all of our sins! He’s not going to be quite about that. And I won’t either because what he did is everything to me.
Every single person that is reading this. I invite you to read 3 Nephi chapters 16-19 this week. In these chapters I feel that we can get a deeper grasp of the divinity and personality of Jesus Christ. And his infinite love he has for all of us.

I know that Christ is our Savior. That this is his Church that he restored through modern day prophets. That the book of Mormon is not just evidence of this eternal fact, but it is our way of getting to know PERSONALLY Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment