Thursday, April 3, 2014

March 31, 2014


Carla and David are so married and baptized! Their wedding and baptism went by quite smoothly thanks to the help of the ward. It was so great to see everyone working together to help Carla and David have a great night. The team work and service that everyone in the ward gave to pull this off was awesome to see.  Carla and David didn’t have sufficient funds for a dress so the ward found one. They wanted a small reception so we organized one, I wanted a chocolate fountain so we HAD ONE! It was delicious. 


Towards the end of the night the reception turned into a dance... and we couldn’t dance... so we left because the temptation was too strong, but everyone had a wonderful night.
Their baptism was this past Saturday and it was one of the most spiritual experiences ever! I had the opportunity to baptize David and my companion baptized Carla. After the ordinance they both got up and shared their testimony and experience preparing for a baptism and obtaining a testimony of the truth. Carla is the most sincere and spiritual person ever. Her love for our Savior is grand and her desires to serve him are pure. David as well shared his experience of coming to know this gospel and the program for scouts! He is a great example for the young men in our ward and will be a great leader.

This gospel really is here to change people forever, change their nature, and make them better than they were before. I have had the opportunity to work with, teach, pray for and fast for Carla and David and many others and have seen the changes in their lives. Thanks to the Lord and is infinite atonement for us, this change is possible.

That day for some reason almost everyone we talked to told us that they don’t believe in God. This really got me thinking about who is God and how I really know that he exists...
 
I am just so thankful for the faith and knowledge that I have that we do have a Father in heaven, that He loves us and He sent us here on the earth so we can obtain a body be tried and tested and learn all that we need to make it back to him, through the help of our savior Jesus Christ. This knowledge gives me a purpose, this purpose gives me the faith and hope, and faith is POWER! And I have a lot of power! Just kidding. (I should be more humble)

 ¨When you can dump a load of bricks on a corner a lot and arrange themselves into house; when you can empty a hand full of screws on my desk and let me see them gather themselves together in a watch- it will THEN be easier for me to believe that all these thousands of millions of worlds could have been created, balanced, and set in motion in their several orbits without any designing intelligence at all¨ Bruce Benson

¨We have our agency to believe in God some men train themselves to measure things by thousands and by millions, and say that these animals that they call men all came here by chance. And they are free to do so. But agency is ours as well, and we look up and in the universe we see the handiwork of god who measures things by dispensations, by epochs, by eons and by eternities. And the many things we do not know we take on by faith. But this we do know, all was planned before the world was, events based on the creation are not based on chance but based on choice¨ -Boyd K. Packer

¨Agency is the greatest God given right we have, and Jesus Christ is the greatest God given gift¨- Elder Stewart (yeah I thought of that one all by myself)

This week the cold and rain came on like a slap in the face. It’s starting to get cold. This week was the first week ever in my life I wore a scarf. I also have been taken ill by the black plague... (A cold no mas)
 
This past week I had a mini Cabio with Elder Tafur, he is from Peru and one of the worldliest person I have ever met. But also one of the people who has changed so much on the mission... he came into the mission acting like Tarzan but now he’s a little tamer... in public... which is good.
 
Also my dad elder barker is going to go home in 3 weeks! So this is a photo of our family... My dad his kids and his grand kids.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment