Tuesday, May 6, 2014

May 6, 2014

HERE we are in May already. I can’t believe it. And I’m 20!
It is weird to think that every day of my life that I am 20 will be on the mission.

 Here in Chile it is getting cold and rainy. My companion Elder Castro did not have the clothing for rain. He thought an umbrella would work just fine. It doesn’t. When it rains here it rains... for days without stop. And the streets turn into rivers. I LOVE IT! Adds a little excitement to the week. I still think that I prefer monsoon season better however because this rain is so freezing.
It is also very hard to talk to people in the rain ….who knew?

This week 2 of our golden investigators moved... It was so sad! They were just starting to get to know the ward too. But I’m sure it will be for the good. Arixa is an 18 year old girl with 2 kids who just recently found out that her boyfriend is no good. She is now taking charge of her life and is going to move back in with her mother and go to college and work and her mom will help with the kids until she can get back on her feet again. I am so glad that I got the chance to get to know Arixa and her mother Inged. Through their story I have learned the great and lasting effects of the Atonement in our lives.
It doesn’t matter if we make mistakes but the important part to recognize it, learn from it, and allow Christ to heal us.
And through our trials we receive the grace and mercy of GOD.
She now knows what is right and is willing to do all that it takes to get there. I have never seen anyone so determined and humble in my life.
I don’t have much time because I sent a lot of pictures but I just wanted to say that I know this church is true and people can change and become spectacular. But that is only if we utilize what we have in this life when we have it. This day, is the day that we need to prepare to meet God. And we cannot procrastinate.






No comments:

Post a Comment