Thursday, April 17, 2014

April 17, 2014

Last week of the cambios... I might stay in Cerro Verde for another weeks or I’m going to some other place...I don’t want to leave... but we will see what happens.

This week we finally got to see Rodrigo and Nataly again! He was the guy that was sick and we baptized him like 2 months back. He left his house to go north for a while because he thought that devils lived in his house... but now he’s back...but not in our sector :( he did come and visit us and we had a Family home evening with him with yjr cantillan garcia family.

HE is not sick anymore... crazy story: he went to a witch doctor. (Not recommended) and they did all these weird things to him and made him eat something which I’m pretty sure was against the word of wisdom. When he got home he threw up...giant black worms. Gross.

 Speaking of gross this week we contacted a gangster... he showed us his still oozing stab wound in his side. He said that we could pass by on Thursday but then Thursday when we called to confirm he told us that his busy doing gangster things... he literally said that in English "I’m doing gangster things" so were thought it best to not pass by... the thug life is a hard life.

This week we didn't have any water in our house for 3 days. No water, shower, no cleaning dishes. Lots of flies. Turns out that our water bill isn't played automatically... who knew
This week in our struggle to talk to every single person we see and talk to them about JESUS... has yielded to mixed results. I have narrowed all of the people down into 4 groups, the first 3 being a lot bigger than the 4th.

1. People that don’t believe in God but are very nice
2. People that do believe in God but are very rude and have nothing nice to say to us.
3. Less active members that are very nice but do not want to commit to anything!
Come on guys WE ARE TRYING TO HELP YOU!
 And finally 4. Those who the Lord has humbled and prepared for us! (Many are talked to but few are chosen... why are they not chosen? because their hearts are too into the world and not in the ways of the Lord-my version of dc 121:34 35)

I am just so blessed to have the knowledge that I have about our savior Jesus Christ and his restored Church, that it doesn’t matter how many people reject, and shout at me... because there has always been opposition to the truth. And we need to stay firm in our faith in this our time more than ever.

I loved General conference so much. They stressed the importance of standing firm and being courageous.
"Courage not compromise brings the smile of Gods approval" Thomas S. Monson and Russell m. nelson (this was said more than one so it MUST be important)
One of my favorite talks was elder Holland’s (as always)
We wonder sometimes if it is worth it to go on a mission, to talk to your friend about the gospel, to stand up when you’re all alone, or to have a moral standard... I am here to say that yes it is worth it, because if not we will be left spiritually and sometimes physically desolate. We need to be the difference, be the rock that doesn’t move. It doesn’t matter if the times are changing... God’s laws do not.
Sometimes we think that we can selectively obey the commandment and still be alright... I have heard so much here in Chile, "not worry, I have Jesus in my heart so I don’t need to go to church, he will understand me" or “I don’t need to follow this commandment because it’s hard for me... but he will understand"
 False. Christ will always forgive sin, but he will never condone it. He might be full of mercy but he is so justice as well, he is willing to help us if we try, try to be better, try to stand strong.
Christ-like Love is the greatest need we have on this planet, and Christ like obedience is right up next to it.
Favorite 2 quotes from general conference
"You are more important to God than a tree"-Elder Neil L Anderson
"Give people the Gift of your attention"-Randall L Ridd
You want a gift from me? Write me a letter and I will give you the gift of my attention when I read it

Pictures! We went to the beach! And we did a service project with the youth of the ward and gave breakfast to people who live on the streets in Concepcion! It was awesome


No comments:

Post a Comment