Monday, April 21, 2014

April 21, 2014

There we were anticipating cambios all week long. Who was going to go? Who was going to stay? Where were we going to go? I thought for sure one of us (Elder Castro or I) were bound to go because we have already been together for 2 cambios and I have been in CERRO VERDE for 3. But never the less Saturday night came with a call from the president.  He said he had a "special assignment" for me. I was really wishing that he wanted me to go undercover or be a spy for the mission or something... but he asked me instead to be district Leader!
So I will be staying in Cerro Verde for 6 more weeks with my some companion Elder Castro. And I am unbelievably excited to stay. I was dreading saying good bye to the members here... I have grown to love this place and the members so much.
This week was a miracle week. It started rough but I think that once someone works to their tipping point and they think they can’t do more... that’s when we see a glimpse of what we are really made of, and what’s most important to us.
This week we go to the streets determined to find someone, because we had no one to teach. And we can’t help people come closer to Christ unless they let us into their house. Sunday night all of our plans fell and all we had left to do was look for a future investigator...  kind of... because we didn’t really know where he lived. We just had a general idea. But we were determined to go anyway.
Eventually, out of ideas we saw an apt building open, so what did we do? Go inside... and what did we find? A family to teach!
I am so grateful for this Easter season to testify that Christ Lives. He is our Savior and He overcame our sins, our pains, our weaknesses and all else that we lack from being perfect... which is a lot.

But he did this out of Love for us and Love for our heavenly father. I find comfort in the fact that he knows me, personally, better than I know myself. And I am trying to make is will my work.







No comments:

Post a Comment