Monday, June 30, 2014

June 30, 2014

This week was full of a lot of exciting things, that don’t usually happen in this Small pueblo of Yungay. We have Interviews with the mission president, stake conference in Chillan and I also had the opportunity to have 2 mini-cambios, one with Elder Barrios a missionary from Guatemala and the other with the Zone Leader Elder Wiese from Sandy Utah.
Stake conference was definitely a hassle because we had to organize all of the member’s rides with the bus schedules and still trying to commit investigators to track along with us for an hour and a half for the church meeting Saturday and Sunday. But I loved the talks that were given. President Arrington is literally the man. I loved what he did in his conference talk Saturday in the afternoon. He explained that members need to participate in the mission work with the missionaries, with means they need to act like missionaries and prepare to teach and talk to people as missionaries do. So what did we do? Practices! 2 missionaries did an example practice in front of everyone to demonstrate how to invite a friend to a church activity, then every had the time right then and there during the conference to do practices with someone they were sitting next to. I believe that a lot of people had a great experience doing that practice and for most, it was the first missionary practice that they have done in their lives. I practiced with a little kid and his mother. I was the kid’s friend, and in this practice and we were waiting at a bus stop to go to school. He invited me to an activity and bore his testimony about how awesome the church is. In that moment I totally saw him as he will be in a couple years as a missionary. It was a sweet experience.
Because this stake conference I was in Chillan with the zone leaders Saturday and Sunday. I slept on the tiled floor. And I was soo cold all night. But it was fun to be in a big city again and actually see people.
On the way back we brought with us materials with we were lacking so finally we had sufficient supplies.
So With those new supplies I decided to contact our bus.
 It was so great to see half the bus reading about the restored Gospel that day. Walking to my seat in the back of the bus I could just see those orange pamphlets opened to page one, "God is our loving heavenly father" and I was happy.
Everyone needs to know that God is our loving heavenly father, that he sent his son to the earth to save us, and this his church has been restored. Mission work is so great
 It is crazy to me the magnitude of the work of salvation or the missionary force that is today, and to me it’s even crazier to think about how he completes his will.  And it’s through us. I have learned this week that "through small and simple things great things come to pass" (Alma 37:6-7)
Through the small experiences, quiet promptings, simple actions and an extra
Ounce of courage we can see miracles in the Work, IF we pay attention and act.
 These experiences are very easy to pass by. This week I have been focusing on these simple things and have been great results. Actually all of our new investigators that we have found this week, were through small and simple acts of obedience, or acts of service or something simple as following plans and praying for guidance.

Love you family and friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment