Thursday, June 12, 2014

June 9, 2014

Bye Bye Cerro Verde and Hello Yunguy!
My last day In Talcahuano was a crazy one. The plan is always to visit as many members’ investigators and converts as possible to say good bye and all that jazz. But things never really go as planned...
But we did manage to visit a lot of people that I will miss sooo very much! Due to the heavy rain that started without warning we ended up running from house to house without jackets and with dogs trying to bite our ankles the whole way. Also it was quite hard to make our visits short because Chileans are such food pushers! We just wanted to say bye and they shove our mouths full of cake and goodies and hot chocolate that is as hot as magma.
I have had such an amazing experience working with the people in Talcahuano. It sure hasn’t been easy, and I have send a lot of time on my knees for my investigators members and converts but I know that I have completed my purpose in that ward and it is time to move on. But as far as memories and experiences that I have had there will never be forgotten... even with my horrible memory.
My first day in Yunguy it rained, the second day it rained harder with heavy wind, the third day it hailed and the fourth a cruel combination of the other 3 days in one. Today is the first day that I have seen the sun. I pretty much work up singing here comes the sun by the Beatles I was so excited. But I do love it here. Even with all the rain and cold it is so beautiful here!
I was a little nervous to go to Yunguy because what some of the other missionaries have told me Yunguy is the butt crack of the mission. But all I see here is a lot of work to do and room to grow. I am very excited to be here and help the branch progress.
In Yunguy there is about 16 thousand people, 180 something odd members and 11 that went to church this Sunday.
But I did get the chance to give a talk to those 11 members this week. I explained the importance of commandments and modern day revelation. Even though we were few no one could deny the spirit that we felt during the meeting. Also the stake counselors from Chillan came to visit and gave the classes for the second and third hours about the importance of home and visiting teaching and helping those that are less active(because there are so many!)
Also this week as counselor to the president I went to my first stake bishopric meeting in Chillan! It was cool to meet up with all the other bishops and leader of all of Chillan and the surrounding towns to talk about how we can improve.
My companion is Elder Villegas, he is from Monterrey Mexico and is so awesome. He has about 5 months on the mission.
He is such a goof ball but we are having a lot of fun together. And Taylor he says hi (with a wink and a thumbs up) hahah

I love you family and am so happy to be here. I know that the Lord has sent me to this small town for a reason and I am so ready for the challenge. I can feel the spirit so strong here and I know the Lord is guiding my actions. This is his work and I am proud to be his hands.





No comments:

Post a Comment