Wednesday, July 9, 2014

July 7, 2014

I MADE IT THROUGH A YEAR! So crazy thing is, I am actually really sad about this. I don’t want to think about being more than half way done with my mission... up until now I just feel like I will be here forever...
And HAPPY 4TH OF JULY!! To celebrate I went to a catholic funeral.  One of the mother in laws to a members passed away and we went to support the family. It was the first time that I have ever gone to Mass but it was a neat experience. There was a guy playing guitar and singing for background music the whole time and I was way into that.
I met a new less active member this week. His name is Sabastian and he is a GINGER! From Germany and his girlfriend is from Canada... And they are living in Chile... Weird right. Anyway, this week we helped them clean up their new (very very old and run down) house which is about a mile away from Yungay. They didn’t tell us it was so far away until it was too late to turn back, I think that was their plan... Germans…
But it was great to have a chance to serve... Actually this week we have been doing a bunch of service and I learned that I am pretty good with an axe. And work has been getting around about that so it looks like I will be chopping wood all winter.
This week we had a Family home evening with the parents of the First counselor (Gustavo) and the Secretary (Leo). Arturo and Teresa the parents are not members… but have read the whole Book of Mormon! They believe that is true because it makes sense... And it’s logical, and impossible for a young farm boy to have made up form imagination.
During the lesson I asked them if they have ever prayed specifically to God and have asked him if the book of Mormon is true. They both said no. And their lays the problem.
I am convinced that a person can read the book of Mormon cover to cover 2 times over and never come to the knowledge of the truth of this book UNTILL they have asked God for an answer specifically.
If we want a specific answer we better ask a specific question.
If we need a divine answer we better ask someone divine.
There is no other way to know the truth of all things.
I love you family and friends and miss you!
I went on an awesome HIKE TO A WATERFALL TODAY!!!! IT WAS THE BEST!

It’s called Salta de Itata.




No comments:

Post a Comment