Tuesday, June 3, 2014

June 3, 2014

I’m on my way!
My time in Cerro Verde has come to an end and I will be leaving tomorrow. My new Sector will be in Yunguy! The most south, closest to the mountains and the coldest sector in our mission. Great. I’m going to die.
But I am so excited. It will defiantly be a new and different experience than ever. I will be serving as a missionary and will be called as a counselor to the president of the branch in Yunguy. I don’t exactly know what that means yet but it will be fun. I know I will be going to a lot more meetings, working closely with the branch, interviewing people and directing church meeting a lot of the time.
 Yunguy is a small town, in the middle of nowhere, 2 hours in bus away from anything. 
I am going to miss Cerro Verde SOO MUCH! I have been here for 6 months and have met so many people here that have changed my life and have helped me become a better missionary and better person.
I kind of knew that this was my last week in Talcahuano, so I wanted to go out working hard, go out with a bang. To start off the week we didn’t have any investigators progressing. Finding has actually been very hard for the past 2 weeks for us here and I was getting a little frustrated. But one day we decided to just leave the house... and follow the spirit. I picked the street to walk down and my companion picked the house and we knocked. And through that experience I have such a greater testimony the the Lord is guiding us, and leading this work. We are just his instrument. This family ended up knowing Maria Valentina, the sister that passed away in Quillon when I was there. I got the chance to talk to them about Quillon ...and she was actually at the funeral service that I sang in! I even passed her a pamphlet of the plan of salvation like 7 months ago that she still had. Miracle right?
In Chile the sell tiny tiny coconuts... so I bought a bag and am making rings out of the coconut shells... there soo COOL... I am going to send one to you Taylor! So you can put it in your hair...
I forgot to bring my tot and chip badge with me and the mission so I’m not scout official with a knife. But I have only almost cut my finger off a couple of times so don’t worry about me momma!
And I forgot to tell you all that I bought a ukulele! So if anyone can send me tabs to songs that are sweet I would love to learn them.
I love that on the mission we have the chance to study so much. Before, I never understood how important personal study was but now I wake up in the mornings excited to jump in the scriptures.
Something that called my attention this week is the necessity to protect ourselves spiritually from all temptation and sin.
If we put on the armor of God we have the strength to not only protect ourselves but attack back with righteousness!
Romans 13:12
Doctrine & Covenants 27: 15-18

Love you all!  




No comments:

Post a Comment