Tuesday, June 24, 2014

June 24, 2014

So there I was standing in the rain our side of a grocery store, an old lady walks out with both of her hands full of heavy bags. Being a young strong and charitable missionary I automatically went over to offer help. But in passing the bags form one hand to the other one bag slipped and fell on to the road. Of course it had to be the bag with the eggs in them. They all broke.
we all stood there for a good long while soaking in what just happened, staring form the broken eggs, to the old lady, to the broken eggs, to my companion, to the old lady, and then again to the broken eggs.
 So awkward.  But I will not accept the whole blame for this incident. My all too puffy gloves were the culprit. Plus this lady seemed to have wound these bags in knots about her fingers so I could not see clearly where the bags even were.
Anyway I bought her new eggs and gave her a slightly wet pass along card of Christ so she better be happy.

This week was quite a hard one. But I have learned how to confide in Christ more than I ever have this week.
We just can’t do everything on our own, when it all comes down to it we are, one day, going to have to take that blind leap of faith. We are all going to have to just lay everything on the line, give everything to him and pray... and he will always lift us, help us, and sustain us.
I am convinced that in this life after all that has been said and done, we will all need to rely on our faith in Christ and His tender mercies.
   
I don’t have much time this week...
But I love you all and am doing well

But...
Thank you HERMANA CASTRO FOR THE SCARF!!! I love it




.I ate a rather weird fruit this week called mankaki. It is very good on toast

No comments:

Post a Comment