Monday, February 3, 2014

Feburary 3, 2014


DESPITE the tragic incident with what happened with my backpack and camera and journal and every other odd and end thing that was in my back pack I have learned the most precious lesson in life. This lesson is called "Freak just get over it"

There I was wallowing in self-pity about everything that I lost… wanting to go back to Concepcion to wander the streets in search for this man who now is the new owner of MY things... I even prayed a lot about this asking God to help me somehow… I don’t know what I was expecting, maybe an angle to give me my backpack, or maybe the thief to have a change of heart and find me and say sorry. 

But the answer I received was a lot different than that...

It was a change of mind set... I don’t know how to explain the feeling very well but I learned to

-forget yourself and go to work

-serve God with all of your heart, might, mind, and strength

-with everything that we lose, God gives us double

-Freak just get over it and work

So that’s what I did this week.

My new hijos (child) name is Elder Castro! He is from Texas but his dad is from Concepcion Chile so he had family that lives here. He is really excited to get to know them and hopefully convert them because they are not members! What a miracle right?

It is so fun to train new missionaries, they so don’t know what they are doing and it’s hilarious
 
Today we ran like 3 miles with an investigator to a lake and a huge hill that overlooks all of Concepcion Chile. His name is Jon and has so cool. He’s a DJ and invited us to a beach dance party... I told him I’ll go in 2 years... so anyone who’s reading this is sooo invited.

No comments:

Post a Comment