Monday, February 10, 2014

Feb 10, 2014


NOW I think I feel a little bit of how the brothers of Mosiah felt when they all separated to different parts of the land of the Lamonites to preach the gospel. Right now Ryan, Austin, and I are in different parts of the WORLD speaking in different languages (Austin-hick (Southern) English, Ryan-preppy high class English and me…The celestial language ha-ha) but preaching of the same eternal truths. I am just happy to know that they are doing well, and they are experiencing the same joy that I am teaching and serving the Lords Children.

I hope the birthday of AUSTIN is great! And RYAN I missed yours as week or so ago… I realized that I never wish him happy birthday... But they both know what it’s like on p days... for those of you who don’t know it’s CRAZY. I know Austin is such a powerful missionary. I can tell by his letters. His stories... And because I grew up with him  

RYAN YOU BEAST. Awesome pictures! I’m glad that you are doing so great in England. Keep up that energy and spirit that you have.

I want to be companions with you guys! Ha-ha 

As for me I have been doing just awesome. I ran 4 miles this morning with Elder Hancock (but not the one that is related to our dentist) we just about died because it was so hot and hard but I loved it. It reminded me of the first couple weeks of XC in high school when the practices change from in the mornings to in the afternoon... And it’s like 100 degrees outside... but this time it was a little different because I had to wear a shirt... And we didn’t have glider on his bicycle riding our tale and making sure we don’t walk.

But a dog from the streets wanted to join us on our run and ran with us for all of the 4 miles! We named him buster. 

We are having a blast here working in Cerro Verde. Turns out that this whole “forget yourself and go to work” thing turns out to be going great for me. 

The longer I am on the mission the more I realize that this life is meant for our happiness. The mission is the same. I do not want to be one of THOSE missionaries that are like robots; who just goes through the motions, goes through the lessons like it’s just another job. This is the Gospel of Jesus Christ are we are here to preach of the happiest news there is. That Christ is our savior, that he is our perfect brother and friend, and that his gospel, the same gospel that he instituted when he was on the earth has been restored in its glory again on the earth. Wow right?

This week we have been focusing a lot on strengthening the members and helping them participate in the work of Salvation. We have been passing by many of the member’s houses and teaching them, and helping them have the same vision that we as missionaries have... that vision is that there are people that the lord is preparing to hear and receive this gospel. A scripture in Alma 13 verse 24 explains that angles are preparing the children of men to hear our message. All we need to do is pray for the inspiration and the courage to open our mouths.

What we have been doing is giving every member a piece of paper and inviting them to write down names... Lots of them... and them pray ask the lord whole really is prepared of this message. Then circle the names that come to your mind. This is a great way to strengthen our faith in the power of GOD and the power of prayer... and we really can help others find this happiness that we have.

Heaven isn’t heaven without our friends and family... So invite them to the party...if you need to persuade them with food, or a casserole at a ward activity... let it be done.

 We taught Francisco’s family this week... And his cousins and his aunts and his uncles...

He was baptized about a month ago and his family has seen the changes that he has made... and they are curious...he bore his testimony to all of them this week that this church is true and that he wants all of them to be a part of it and he told all of them that we was going to go on a mission!.. The spirit was so strong and I know that they all felt it. I am excited for this week because we are going to have a family home evening with all of them... I’ll let you know who it goes.

 Prayer is the greatest 

¨prayer is made up by heart throbs and righteous yearnings of the soul, of supplication based on the realization of need, of contrition and pure desire¨ Talmage Jesus the Christ

We don’t know anything about anything...

If you want to know something about anything...pray.

No comments:

Post a Comment