Monday, January 27, 2014


I don’t really feel like writing anything right now… My back pack was just stolen... it had my scriptures, my journal, my camera and all my pictures in it.

 I want to cry.

We were eating in a restaurant and I put the back pack right next to my feet. A guy came into the store, went up the stairs to the bathroom, 10 seconds later came down and took my back pack and walked out. Out of the 4 people we were sitting with no one noticed! But we saw all of it on the security camera.  Pray for my back pack.

HE FREAKING TOOK IT RIGHT OUT OF MY FEET AND I DIDN’T NOTICE!!

In other news Mom, be friends with Marcella Santillan.  She and her family are like the greatest people...if you guys ever come down to Chile I want you guys to visit them. One of their sons is on a mission too! But they have a couple things that they asked me to ask you. Their whole family is way into scouting, it is very new to this part of Chile but they have opened but troops and scouting groups all over Concepcion... they wanted to know if you guys could send them some scouting stuff to them in a package to me. She saw your pictures on Facebook and got soo excited that you were in scouts too! .it would be great if you could buy or get badges, patches or stuff that the scouts could earn and use I don’t really know exactly but it is easier for us to buy that stuff in the states then it is for them.. And scouting is very important to them

Also if you could put the sound track to Johnny Lingo on that pen drive of music that would be great. They would like that too.

One thing I would like to eat is Reeses... They don’t have that here so send some of those if you can.

I can’t really think about anything I wanted to say right now because I am distraught about my backpack.

But in better news cambios (missionary exchanges) were today and I am going to be a father! I’M TRAINING... I don’t know yet if I’m going to train a gringo or Latino

The baptism of Michelle was a success.

This week in my studies I got in depth with the Book of Mormon. Carla and David, our investigators, were getting a little bit confused on the story of the Book of Mormon… whose son was whose, why are there like 25 different Nephi’s and Alma’s, what happened before and  what happened after Jesus came, and who are the Jaredites and Mulekites.

So I decided to create my own time line for the Book of Mormon... Starting in 2200 BC with the Jaredites and ending in the complete and utter destruction of the Nephite population. My time line is 3 pages long with reverences from scriptures in the Book of Mormon and Bible.

I understand the Book of Mormon on a whole new level now.

To help Carla and David we had a family home evening with them and with a giant white board drew out the whole Book of Mormon story and timeline… (More simplified then my notes obviously) but now they understand the Book of Mormon much more and are so excited to study all the stories we talked about.

I love you family and friends….. I’ll let you know about my new companion next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment