Tuesday, July 15, 2014

July 14, 2014

It has officially been 1 cambio, 6 weeks 42 days that I have been here in Yungay! And Im staying another cambio with elder Villegas. How crazy the time has passed here... I feel like I have been here for a life time, but then again only for a moment.
I’m sure this is how peter Edmund Susan and Lucy felt like when they fell out of the wardrobe out of Narnia and into their home and no time passed at all.
 That is the mission, I am spending a lifetime here but in the eternal perspective it’s no time at all.
The Chronical of Narnia books are GREAT. I had a dream that I went to Narnia so I think that’s why Im thinking so much about this.
This week was quite bizarre. And I blame it on the moon.
I don’t know where I read this but I heard that when there is a full moon people act strange. Or different... or things happen out of the ordinary. I heard from somewhere that the moon pulls the tides. And also has some sort of pull in our bodies when it’s in full.
Now this is just a myth. And I have no solid proof, nor have I seen werewolves of anything this week but a lot of our investigators have just decided to not be home and/or completely ignore us.
For example we knocked on the door... and one person opened said that she was home alone when I could clearly see her family siting down around the dinner table conversing. If people are going to lie do a better job covering it... but better don’t lie...it’s wrong
But we are still doing great here... because God has blessed us this week with new people to teach and I am way excited to work with them.
 And we finally sat down and had a lesson with a Jehovah’s Witness this week. I have been trying to talk to them for so long but they always avoid us or don want to talk, but this guy no... He is a very interesting man named Heraldo, his wife passed away 1 year ago and we taught him a little about the plan of salvation. How awesome is it that we have answers to questions that everyone wants to know. And even better everyone can know through study and prayer.
Among all of the weird experiences that we have had this week we had a giant family home evening in the church building and played quiddich with balloons!
It was a blast and a lot of people came.                                                                             
I also saw a giant fat cat this week. It literally looked like it weighed 50 pounds.
In my first week we had 9 people at church this week we had 29! Whoohoo! Slowly and surely we are seeing progression here.
I love this gospel and I know it’s true. And through baptism anyone can change, anyone can be made clean.
Joseph F smith said ¨baptism... is literally a transplant or resurrection from one life to another: of a life of sin to a spiritual life¨ (translation of elder Stewart)
Anyone looking to be clean, to start a new page, to change can do it through the restored power of God on the Earth.

And it’s awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment