Tuesday, May 13, 2014

May 12, 2014

My Birthday passed by soo well. Other than that day I had my faced slammed into a cake 2 times. That’s like one time too many. I mean everyone loves to see someone with a face full of cake, but 2 times is a bit ridiculous.
We planned on having a FHE (family home evening) at the house of Julio, but it actually turned out to be a surprise birthday party, were I was attacked at their door with fists full of confetti glitter and was commanded to wear a silly hat for the rest of the night. That’s what I get for telling someone that is was my birthday... secrets fly in this ward like no other. One person knows that it’s my birthday and the next thing I know every single person wants to slam my face into some type of frosting smothered desert.
 This week for our district class elder Hancock and I had the idea to combine our 2 districts into one and teach about how to maintain the vision to baptize. As missionaries our purpose is to invite others to come unto Christ through their faith repentance and baptism. To progress spiritually one needs to follow Christ our Savior. When we do not invite people to repent and be baptized by someone who holds the power and authority of God which is the priesthood, we are not completing our mission as representatives and servants of Christ.
What is the first thing Christ did before he started his mortal ministry? He got baptized (matt 3:15-17)
What is the first thing Christ preached unto the ancient inhabitants of the Americas when we appeared to them? To be baptized by someone who had the Power of God (3 Nephi 11: 21-34)
I used to think that it was weird to talk about baptism so fast but now I know that is what God wants.
This week we had a movie night with a group of investigators, less actives and recent converts to help them understand a little better the life of Joseph Smith.
 There is so much crap about this guy on the internet and lots of lies that other churches say about him. But none of that really matters, because the fact of the matter is he was either a prophet, or not. And the only way to know is to pray to our Father in Heaven and ask. Because people can lie, people can be mistaken. Shoot I could be lying right now... but our father in heaven cannot not and will not." Ask and ye shall receive, knock and it shall be open unto you."
We can also know by his actions "By their fruits ye shall know them"
Through Joseph Smith we have the book of Mormon which is an amazing other testament of our savior Jesus Christ.
I love this quote by Elder Holland. He said that "No evil man could wright such a book as this, and no good man would, except he was called of God to do so"
 Joseph died for the truth, standing firm until the end, never denying what he knew to be true. If he could do that. I can serve him for these 2 years easy standing as another testament and witness that this is the restored gospel.
We are going to have stake conference this week! And I am so excited because the president of the area is coming to talk to us! And also my convert Carla is going to be in the stake choir! WHOOHOO!
Happy mother’s day to all the mothers out there! Family it was great to see you.

 I have the best family ever. Sorry other families that are reading this...

No comments:

Post a Comment