Monday, November 4, 2013

November 4, 2013


This week I have definitely learned the importance of a positive attitude!  The mission is hard, our numbers this past week, were horrible. We didn’t have that many lessons, mainly because we don’t have many people to teach, not many members could accompany us, and we haven’t found any new solid investigators for about 2 weeks.  

It is so easy to get discouraged in the mission and in life sometimes. In those times that I wanted to give up or stop working, or not try my hardest, but then I just think... I’m a missionary, a representative of the Lord. I am called by a living prophet to bring souls unto Christ. I have a firm testimony of this gospel and I know my purpose in this life. And I AM IN CHILE. I’m learning how to speak another language and I’m changing lives, changing hearts and families....see, now I already forgot what I was complaining about, I’m too busy thinking about how great my life is. 
It is so important to never get caught up in the little hassles of life, because they will overwhelm you. 

This is a trick that Satan uses, he tries to make us forget the blessings we have, our purpose in life, and who we are. For when we lose sight of that, he has more power over us. Never lose sight of the person you want to be, never stop trying to be that person. Look to your goals with a positive attitude and with the faith that you will complete them. 

This life is full of hardships. And I am so thankful for all of them because through them I have learned to rely on my savior and his atonement. Remember he has walked in your shoes; he knows how lost and scared you sometimes may feel. Most importantly He knows how to help if we just let him in.

 I am called as a representative of the Lord, and was the His life easy? Of course not, so why do we sometimes expect to receive blessing without going through trials?

 This life is hard, because SALVATION IS NOT A CHEAP EXPERIENCE

Just remember whenever you are spit upon, whenever you are mocked, or abused, or whenever you feel that there is no hope or no help for you, and you fall to your knees praying to God, Asking him if there is another way...you are kneeling shoulder to shoulder to Jesus Christ.
He is always close by; we just need to take the time to recognize his hand in our lives

"I will go before you face, I will be on your right hand and on your left, my spirit will be in your 
heart, and my angles round about you to bear you up" DC 84.88

I really hope all of this makes sense I’m typing really fast.

This week our ward had Halloween activity. Halloween isn’t that huge here in Chile, but I only found that out after I decided to paint my face and arms blue and dress up like the people in the movie avatar. Also, not many people here in Chile have even seen that movie avatar, so pretty much the ward thinks I’m a weird gringo who likes to dress up and paint his skin blue. But I guess it’s true because it was pretty fun.

At the end of the spiritual part of the night the ward had a dance! It was so hard to not to dance. I miss dancing so much! Also it was a little strange to me that the dance was in the sacrament meeting room... But hey that’s how we do it here in Chile I guess.

CAMBIOS! (Transfers) This week! I was so nervous this week because I had a pretty good chance of leaving Quillon. But I’m here for another 6 weeks. I have mixed emotions about this. I kind of wanted to leave at first because I wanted something new, something exciting. Also because I wanted to leave the problems that exist here in Quillon. But that’s not how the mission works, nor how the Lord works. I know there is a lot more work here that I have to do and I got 6 more weeks to do it.
It is starting to get pretty hot here in Quillon too. And I LOVE IT. 

I think my favorite part is the fruit everywhere. Cherries strawberries, grapes, and peaches everywhere! 

Love you all! 

No comments:

Post a Comment