Monday, November 18, 2013

November 18, 2013




This week was pretty difficult. And not just for the missionaries but for the entire branch of Quillon. Un hermana (a sister) in the branch here in Quillon passed away this Thursday.

Maria Victoria has been fighting cancer for much of her adult life, she went through all of the therapy for many years and for a while everything was stable and looking good. only about 6 weeks ago her pain began again, very slowly. first it started with back and nerve pain, then with lack of energy. then after a while she was not even able to leave her bed for more than a couple of minutes.

My companion and I were the last people to give her a blessing 2 weeks ago before she headed off to the hospital in a different city for more testing. it all happened so fast. no one was really expecting it.

Her family was very special to us as missionaries, we celebrated 18de September in there house, we had family home evenings with then many times. every Sunday we would have lunch with them. when in their house it felt like home almost because of her love for us. Much of that love for missionaries she has is because she has a son serving in Peru right now, so she wanted to be around us as much as possible because we were like her sons.

I am so grateful for the knowledge we have of this life and the life after. it has helped her husband and her son feel at peace, when everything in their world has changed.

I love you family so much and I love the knowledge that we have in this gospel that families are eternal.
That this life is not the end.
That our progression does not stop after this life but continues.

I am grateful for my savior and the strength he gives to us, the love he as for us, and the peace we can feel in his presence in times of difficulty.

With life so hard, the savior is so close

One thing that I have learned this week is the importance of goals in our lives.

We can’t get to where we want to go without knowing where we want to get to (I feel like that's a thing captain jack sparrow would say)

People want to achieve many things in this life. For example para mi (for me)...I want to find investigators, then I want to take them to church, then I want to take them to the waters of baptism, then I want to take them to the temple. Then I want to have a huge fiesta in heaven.

I cannot do any of those things without first planning and setting goals about how to find people ready to listen

If we want to be better people we need to set goals top do that... we are not going to just magically change in the middle of the night. 

Pray always. The lord is our best source for peace and direction.

Love you! If you have any questions or comments email me! or send them in a package with nutella and hot Cheetos.

Grandpa Brown and Grandma Mina! Thank you so MUCH for your letter and your package! It has made my week and my stomach very happy!  I love you and am so glad I was able to visit before my mission.  Hi to everyone in NC from me.

No comments:

Post a Comment