Monday, October 28, 2013

Oct 28, 2013





P-day lake day! Can’t swim... So an epic picture will do.






I don't have much time this week to write, p days are getting shorter and shorter every Monday.

Oh! I have a black eye...
And it’s really bad...black all around and nice long blood stripe in my eye. One day my companion had the great idea to play hide and go seek tag in our house (kinda like 123 bumble bee with a base and everything) One elder was counting and we all scattered. after he was done counting I thought he went into one on the other rooms to search, so I ran out of the bathroom to the base (which was the sink) but when I ran out of the bathroom he was right there, at the exact moment he tried to tag me on the shoulder I slipped and fell on the ground. So instead of tagging me on the shoulder, he tagged me in my eye. Literally 2 of his fingers went into my eye; and I’m pretty sure he touched my brain. It’s been a week and it is still ugly... what shame.

I have learned my lesson, never listen to the ideas of my companion’s haha!

This Sunday I gave my second successful talk in church. For me it was really difficult to choose a topic. My focus was on the ward here in Quillon, what they need, and I could share to help them, to lift them up, to encourage them to continue on in the faith. So I chose to speak on charity and service. Not only did I talk about that on Sunday but I wanted to live the words I wanted to say. This past week I have put all my efforts into to serving others and demonstrating my love for them through action. I have learned so much this week of the power of charity. We receive so much blessings when we serve, but what is more important is that we can be the blessing for someone else. I am a strong believer in miracles, I have seen so many simple and powerful miracles in my life especially in the mission. I have been a miracle for others this week, and it feels great! The Lord will work through us to help others if we just let him in.

There is no greater service then helping in the salvation of man. There is no greater miracle then a change of heart.

Pray to touch hearts, pray to be a miracle for others.


I love you family and miss you a lot, but trust me there is soooo much work to do here, so sorry but I think I will stay here in Chile for another 22 months..



No comments:

Post a Comment