Tuesday, July 30, 2013

July 30, 2013

2 more weeks until winter!
I cannot believe I only have 2 weeks left here at the ccm. It is going by so fast. And I have so much more to learn!

Oh and they just told me that I have to learn 2 languages instead of just one! How crazy is that! We are learning Spanish and the language of the spirit.
Both are absolutely essential in talking to Chileans about the gospel.
Both are coming along just fine thanks for asking (I’m sure you would ask me if this was a face to face conversation)
I am now speaking Spanish 93% of the time.
This week we had an amazing lesson with an investor named Renne. We just explained a little about the restoration and the book of Mormon and what blessing we can receive in this life and in the life to come. The spirit directed me to talk about eternal families so I did and the spirit came upon all of us like a punch in the face. I am so glad for the knowledge that we in this gospel have. I love you family and I am glad that I can be with you forever. I am also so glad that I can help others come to that knowledge. Giving people that hope and knowledge is a wonderful sight to behold.

I want to talk about the atonement a little bit because I have been studying it a lot this week. The more I study and the more I try to comprehend it the more I am just in awe of the love Jesus has for us. And even more so, the love of our Heavenly Father.

It is amazing to me that God knows us perfectly, our faults and our weaknesses and still loves us perfectly. There is nothing about us that he doesn’t know...and he is still willing to love us hear our prayers and help us. He does not condemn us because of our sins, instead he fights for us. He is on our side. He is our advocate (D&C 45: 3-5 I think)
Through the atonement we have hope. We can one day be perfect. But we have to work for that. True we need grace, but we also need action on our parts. "Repentance is hope, and there is no fear in becoming clean" Scott

I have learned that it is so essential to keep looking towards and striving for the lord daily. I need  keep repenting and  keep improving until that day when the Lord my savior will take me by the hand and say to me " well done they good and faithful servant, come into my rest"
Words cannot describe how excited I am for that day.
BUT today is not a day of rest. It is a day of ACTION. And we all need to take action.

I love being a missionary. I don’t like wearing clothes, I don’t like waking up early but that’s not was a missionary is, that just what we do. We are representatives of the Lord Jesus Christ. And every day we strive to be like him "feeling as he feels, teaching as he taught, and loving as he loves"

I have come to the realization that our lives are miracles. The greatest miracle of all. But just like any other miracle we will not recognize it or realize it until you truly believe and have faith in the one that provided the miracle. Brothers and sisters have faith and see the miracle that is your life.
John 14 is great. It is such a comfort to me that I am not alone. Ever. (I’m not alone ever anyway because I have a companion that follows me EVERYWHERE...but you get the point)
 There are so many great promises and doctrines in that chapter.
"That where I am, there ye may be also"
"I am the way the truth and the light"
"If ye shall ask anything in my name, I will do it"
"I will not leave you comfortless"
"I am in the father, and he in me, and I in you"
"Peace I leave with you"

 Never forget that the lord is not far away.

Never forget your potential. Alma 26:12 "for in his strength I can do all things"

This week my companion and I sat with some Latinos at lunch... and for somereason they had a particular intrest in me. The thought I was someone famous. First they asked what TV show I was in. I said I wasn’t on TV. They then asked what movie I was in instead. I tried to explain I wasn’t an actor. They then asked me if I was a singer (in a band like one direction) and I said no... My hair isn’t grand enough be in one direction. They concluded that I had to be a model in the strength of youth pamphlet or in the ensign or something. I don’t understand.

I love you all and miss you only a little bit. (I’m really busy)
Just kidding I think about you all the time. Every morning along with whatever they make I have a bowl of fruit loop (Mychal's favorite)
 Every time there is food I don’t like for a meal I think "WHY IS THERE NO FOOD IN THIS HOUSE" quote McKay. (Even though there’s plenty of food)
I see the sister missionaries and think of Taylor. And how marvelous of a missionary she would be. And every time I am having fun I just I just want you there with me.
I think of Cayleb all the time because I act like him. Oh and I climbed a tree.

Love you family!

Some favorite quotes and they could also go on the plaque if you deem it necessary. I don’t care much I’m not going to see it for 2 years.

"Come to the full thrill of the church"--Holland
"I know Christ lives, because I know Him"--Scott
"Tool up"--Nelson

Oh and Taylor I have some advice. Someone asked during a devotional, "What should we do if we hit a speed bump in our language learning?"

Our wise President Pratt (who is a direct descendant of Parley P. Pratt. he’s great) said, "Do what I do when I’m driving, hit the gas and go full speed ahead"

"Curiosity may have killed the cat but it will help you learn Spanish faster"
 Pres. Pratt

And with those words of wisdom I bid you all and good week.





No comments:

Post a Comment