Tuesday, August 6, 2013

August 6th, 2013















6 days in counting!
It is crazy I have been a missionary for more than a month! 23 more to go! I have decided that I am going to miss Mexico. I like it here a lot. the people are great and the weather is perfect. but I am way more excited to head off to Chile. Our Latino roommates left yesterday and it was sad because they were hilarious. I’m sure they are going to be awesome missionaries.

Last prep day was such a blast! we going a huge group of missionaries to play capture the flag in the forbidden forest! (or the Sacred Grove....or Narnia because there was a light post in the center of the forest. I’m not sure which name I like better) it’s a little less than an acre of thick trees with grass and shrubs that at parts went up to my knees. while playing, I felt like a crazed missionary running through the jungles of Chile...which is probably what I will be doing in 6 months anyway...
but and after the fact we found out that the forbidden forest was actually forbidden. so were not really allowed to do that again... ha

This week has been great. I am really focusing on my teaching skills and Spanish grammar. the harder I study and the harder I work, the more blessings I will receive, and the more energy I have. I know that doesn’t really make sense but it sure is true.
Everything I have, everything I am, and everything I am capable of, needs to go to Christ and his work.

We watched a devotional of elder Holland this week and he made everyone laugh, cry and shake in fear like he always does.
But one thing he talked about really touched me.

The story is in john 21:15 -17
The savior has died and the tomb is empty. the apostles don’t know what to do. their leader, their friend and their savior was gone. So they went back to doing what they did before they knew Christ, and fished.
Long story short Christ came to them and asked Peter, do you love me more than these? Meaning the fish or fishing in general.
Peter said, yes I do Lord.
Again Christ asked, Do you love me? And again the same reply from peter
For the third time Christ asked,  Peter, do you love me?
Peter again with all his heart said, yes, yes I do Lord.
"Then feed my sheep"

This made me seriously reflect my relationship with the savior... and he has asked me and every one of you that question, do you love me?

When Christ said to the apostles "come follow me" it wasn’t for a couple months, it was for forever. When Christ asked me to be a missionary it is not for 2 years, it is for forever. When Christ asked all of us to follow him, it is not for when life is easy, it is forever. 

As disciples of Christ we have the responsibility to always love and follow the savior. To share the gospel, to feed his sheep.

Who do you love? How do you show your love?

I am so glad I have the opportunity to get to know my Savior, Redeemer and friend more through doing his work here on the earth. He is my missionary companion, and with him I can do anything.

I love you all and miss you!

(I don’t know when I will write next because next week I’ll be in Chile!)


No comments:

Post a Comment