Wednesday, July 17, 2013

July 16, 2013



(Sayre gave us the corrected  address to mail letters and/or whatever you want to send him. This is it!)

Here is the address to the ccm. It takes about 5 or so days for mail to come in.

Carr Tenaguca-Chalmita no. 828

Col. Zona Escolar, deleg. G.A. Madero

C.P. 07230, Mexico, D.F. Mexico













Any way I am doing wonderful. Mexico City is awesome. There weather is pretty bi polar though. It was a perfect day, and then in a matter of seconds we have a monster hail storm. People were running, screaming, companion ships split to find shelter... flooding in the streets...pretty much the second coming for 5 minutes. And then it was perfect weather again.

The food here is hard to describe, I feel like I’m stuck in limbo between Mexican food and American, sometimes the food is authentic and delicious...and then the next time we are eating microwaved corn dogs and pudding for breakfast. The worst though is the hot dog potato soup...yes... it is exactly what it sounds like.

As a missionary I have found that I get excited over the weirdest things...oatmeal for breakfast, service projects, Tuesday devotionals, really cool cloud formations. It’s quite bizarre.
I don’t think I have eaten so many melons in my life. Every meal we eat MELONS. I think I’m going crazy. But they are good.

In general ccm life is going great! I love the work, the language is coming but it is still frustrating at times, and my district is great. My companion, Elder Lake is way cool too. He is from bountiful Utah.
Outside of our bedroom window we have a great view of outside the wall. And of a taco shop. I want those tacos so bad. During those days where we have nasty cut up hot dog and potato soup the taco shop tempts me with its fresh aroma. Our plan it to befriend the security guards, that are stationed by the gate and then see if they will get us some.

Our dorm room is very nice. except the bathroom lights, it takes like 10 seconds for them to turn on so at night  I feel like I am in a horror movie when I need to go to the bathroom. For those couple seconds of strobe light terror I feel that someone is going to jump out at me. But then I realize that I’m on a mission and I’m fine.
Because our room is right next to the road all night long cop cars drive by with their sirens on and their lights flashing. Every night it feels like a dance party in my room without any music, but I don’t mind. What I do mind is the fireworks that go on all night. Seriously where do all of these people get so many fireworks? And where can I get them?

More missionaries came in last Tuesday and even more today and tomorrow. This place is getting so crowded. It is really cool so see so many missionaries, but the lunch room can only hold so many.

I met another gymnast! (He is actually sitting next to me as I’m writing this so it would be awkward if he knew I was talking about him haha)
 He trained at AZ flairs in Phx and he has the coolest story
 His junior year he was way good at gymnastics. He made it to nationals and won floor! And NATIONAL. After that he was getting all of these crazy scholarships and the Olympic team even contacted him. They invited him to train with them but he would have to leave home and stop going to school for 2 years. He thought about it and prayed and turned down the Olympic team. His AZ flairs coach was so mad at him that he turned down the team he was kicked out of the gym.
Wow.
He does not regret anything and he is as happy as can be to serve a mission for the Lord.
He is also way smart and loves music. He got accepted into Julliard and is going to go study there after his mission.


 I love you all and I am glad to hear from you. Keep sending me emails. And tell Taylor to write me. Jerk.
It is great to hear that everyone is okay and doing wonderful.
And I am SOO excited for Ryan! I had one tear come out of my eye when I read it... only one...
Stay strong, pray always and never forget the power of truth.

“I know Christ lives, because I know Him" Richard G Scott





No comments:

Post a Comment