Tuesday, July 9, 2013

 Everyone can email Sayre here! sayre.stewart@myldsmail.net


I bet you thought I forgot to write you... SIKE our p days our Tuesday. Man has it only been a week? It feels like I have been here for sooo long! But in a good way. I’m loving it here in Mexico City, weather is beautiful all the time and this ccm is HUGE... the church has 90 scres of property that is gated off from the world. Our mission president, President Pratt calls it a pocket of heaven in the middle of Mexico City and it really is. . they have a full track, basketball courts inside and out, a full soccer field, a mini forest, full houses (where the leaders and teachers live) a gym, and beach volley ball, and a small  store. It’s awesome. Granted I’m in the classroom the majority of the day learning. I live in dorms on the campus which has a beautiful view of the mountains and the city as well. right now I am only living with 4 guys but tomorrow a set of Latino elders are going to be living with us and I am so excited because that will help my Spanish so much.
So the ccm officially opened a week before I got there, but it only opened to people in Mexico, so we were the first group of missionaries from America to get here. There are only about 100 or so of us gringos and the rest are from Mexico and other parts of south and Central America. Even though half the time I don’t know what anyone is saying I love it. The Latino elders are so much fun.

one night we heard singing, so we went outside and there was a big bunch of elders screaming hymns at the top of their lungs, so I did the only thing I could, I got my Spanish hymn book and ran in the middle of the group and shouted  "que pagina!!!" ( What page?) They all laughed and showed me what song. We ended up singing and messing around passed "quit time" and the mission president drove up to shut us up.. We all scattered and crawled back to our dorms.

The ccm is trying this new thing that they don’t speak any English to us in any of the classes. Seriously, the whole day is 99% Spanish 1% English but it is working I already know so much, the lord is truly helping all of us learn Spanish. There is no way 18 to 20 year olds can pick up Spanish this fast. I am doing so great in Spanish. It is unbelievable how fast it is coming. Truly a blessing.

 I have already taught 3 lessons in Spanish to an investigator names Miguel.  Half the time I don’t know what he is saying so you really have to rely on the lord on what to say next. But it works! If you humble yourself and rely on your faith the lord and work miracles through you. I have already seen it in the short time that I have been here.

My district is great! Even though pretty much every gringo here is from Utah. We have 3 Hermana’s and 7 other elders and we have a blast together. Most of the people in my district are going to Chile too! Except 1 Hermana is going to Ecuador and another to phx Spanish speaking.

After 2 days at the ccm we met our district leader. His name is president De Hoyos and he is such a jolly fellow. Always a smile on his face.. Almost like a young Latino Santa Claus. But we called me in after everyone left and asked if I would be the district leader. WHAT!?! So I am now the district leader for district 5! It is a little bit more pressure but who the Lord calls he qualifies.

I am so sun burnt. My face looks like a tomato. For our gym time we started a game of beach volley ball with the Latino elders and it got crazy intense. I thought I wouldn’t need sun screen but I was wrong, it was all worth it in the end because my team won. No big deal.

 Today we went to the temple in Mexico City and it was awesome. The temple is huge beautiful with all these Aztec designs everywhere. And we did everything in Spanish. I was such a great experience to go through the temple in a different language. Getting there was a nightmare though. It took about 30 min but people in Mexico City drive like MAD MEN. No joke we almost died at least 17 times, I counted.

I miss every one and I love you. I don’t know the address of the ccm but just look it up online. I’m glad to know everyone is doing well and that’s great to hear about western New Mexico!

Please tell everyone they can e mail me on this email. It is not just restricted to family.

This whole mission thing is great. And I am loving every minute of it.

I love you

Keep me posted on family and friends.. I will be able to write more next week but due to email issues I was short some time.

No comments:

Post a Comment