Monday, May 4, 2015

May 4th, 2015

Yeah so sorry for last week. I didn’t have much time to write because we had a zone activity in the mountains and then in the afternoon we had to take the long and lonely bus ride to Concepcion for a leaders meeting.
But events were very awesome however!
For our zone activity we went to a cabin in the mountains of some members of the branch. We got there really early in the morning and because it was so cold we stayed in side for a while and played mafia! But it was the Spanish Mormon version of it called ¨oh pueblo de nefi¨
Then when the sun came out we played capture the flag in the forest! We explored, we went down to the river and then we grilled for lunch!
For our leadership conference we talked about how we can better help our zone.
President shared with us part of President Uchtdorfs priesthood talk on, seeing things as they really are; instead of focusing on the looks, worry about how things really are.
I really like that concept. I think that people worry so much about how they appear to be when they should worry more about how they are.
The help others we cannot just get to know their superficial need but the desires of their hearts and the hope that truly drive them to do what they do.
I was a very good conference.
 On another note winter has come. And it come on fast. I’m worried that our bean plants won’t make it.
With winter comes Christmas! Hot chocolate, and carols!
 We have decorated our house with a little Christmas tree and I now listen to Christmas music in every moment that I can.
I have even started passing out "he is the gift" pass a longs again.
I am just full of the Christmas spirit. But my companion is not. haha I have been driving him insane!
Speaking of my companion... Elder Wiese has finished his mission and is on his way back home!
We have had such a blast together. Wiese is the man.
Now with these new cambios (my last cambio) I will be with Elder Incil from Peru.
In Tomè I did a mini cambio with him in his sector of Ditchato, he is really cool!
Here’s the best news, out investigator Kathy got baptized! She is super awesome and has a solid testimony.
Always before baptisms there are difficulties and she passed through pretty much everything, from her kid sick in the hospital, to her family not supporting her, to personal problems with her health but with prayer and strength from above she did it!
She even bore her testimony this past Sunday. It was a sweet experience to hear her say with confidence in front of the congregation that this church is true, and that she knows her savior lives!
I have 6 weeks left in the mission. I am going to go out with a bang.
Love you family!

And those that read this blog...you’re the best






No comments:

Post a Comment