Friday, May 15, 2015

May 11, 2015

 Happy mother’s day! It was so great to see all of you yesterday... even though time flew by and we didn’t get to say much...
But have no fear, just wait 5 weeks yeah?
This past week was full of changes and surprises. My companion elder Wiese went home last week. I was working with elder Del Rosario and elder Garrido for 2 days until my companion got here Tuesday. My new companion is cool. His name is elder Incil and he is from Lima Peru. We are having a lot of fun together, but we are a little lost in our sector still because I have only been here for 6 weeks and this town is very big and all of the streets look the same.
This week the seminary teacher was sick so I was assigned to teach seminary for a couple of days. It was pretty fun to be with the kids and teaching them. This year they are studying doctrine and covenants.
We actually had a pretty good turn out here as well... enrolled in the class are around 15 kids but around 10 or 11 show up every day.
The weather is changing rapidly...the cold and the rain is coming in fast.
We got rained on 1 day this week, and we weren’t prepared... we returned to the house soaking wet.
My shoes do not have any grip on the bottom so every step feels like I am walking on banana peels.
I have almost fallen in the water flooded streets and muddy sidewalks at least 37 times.
I love you all.
Us on our bikes...
Elder Santos from Brazil
Elder Garrido from Columbia

Elder Incil and I

1 comment: