Wednesday, May 20, 2015

May 18th, 2015


So I guess this is when the countdown truly begins…
 It hasn’t even hit me that I am coming home yet. I hope it doesn’t hit me.
Anyway... this week was awesome
Tuesday my companion and I went to Concepción for a special conference just for the missionaries that are dying in the mission this cambio. It was really great because I got to see a lot of the missionaries that I came with that I haven’t seen for a very long while.
This conference was called the “trunky conference”
For those of you who are not familiar with the word trunky it is a term that Spanish speaking missionaries use to describe those who are home sick or disoriented, or those who are thinking about their home or are materialistic minded… (It doesn’t really have a very good translation)
So all of us old guys who are dying were invited to this conference, but it was really good. President just explained the importance in finishing strong and not laying back.
The height of the bar at where we finish our mission is going to be the height at where we set our lives...
If that makes sense... (I took my notes in Spanish so this is hard)
This week has been a roller coaster. I feel that this week God has testing my knowledge... making sure that I am applying all that I have learned in these 2 years into my work.
We have been planning, calling people, working hard, talking to everyone, working with the members and being exactly obedient but we were not seeing any results from our labors. I remember at one point during the week I paused and prayed, telling God that I am doing all that I can, but that I didn’t know what he wanted to me to do or to learn in that moment… I remember, that right after my prayer a feeling of peace fell over me and Ideas started to enter into my head... For the rest of that day, we were guided by the spirit to many different houses. One of those being the house of the family mestre.
They are a family of 6 (a mom and her 5 kids)
2 of the kids were baptized 2 years ago but were promptly forgotten about and stopped coming. We came in at the perfect moment and now the whole family is willing to progress and learn more.
This past Sunday, the family came to church and loved it!
I know that the Lord hears and answers the prayers of all of his children.
This week we also had a district conference and we have a new district president!
We also had interviews with president Arrington and they took us out to at afterwards at a really fancy Chinese food restaurant! Haven’t eaten that in a long time!
I also might have possibly broken my thumb toe playing soccer this morning. I’m walking with a limp like an old school pimp.
That’s about all I have time to say...
Happy Birthday McKay!!  
I love you family!

2 comments: