Thursday, August 21, 2014

August 18, 2014

Happy Birthday Taylor! You old woman! All you lack is a couple more years and a couple more cats to reach your goal in life. Haha
 I’m sorry that was mean. (But everyone’s laughing)
This morning celebrate your birthday I made brownies from scratch! And then I ate all of them with my companion! I do love celebrations.
This morning we also went running. It was so cold but when the sun came up we heated up a bit. I haven’t been running since I was in Talcahuano and I am sure I will be sore. But I loved it.
This week I have recognized the power and influence of the spirit in our lives. And the spirit speaks. Not loudly but strongly. And He will speak to those who are willing to listen. And those with a heart open and really to hear.
Lately, my companion and I have been looking and searching to find those who are looking for the truth. Or finding people who really are ready to receive the restored Gospel of Jesus Christ. This requires a certain type of person however. I have been really focusing on people and their ability to recognize the spirit and truth when they hear it.
-Some people do not want to accept because of family traditions, (their family is one religion and will stay that religion until they die regardless of what they hear or feel)
-some people are scared of Change
-some are insecure and are unwilling to take a leap of faith
-some are afraid of what others will think
-But the saddest for me to see and teach are those who are indifferent to everything. Those are they who are happy with what they have and don’t want to look for more.
I have learned a principle in high school from my sprint coach Latanya Sheffield that has stayed with me ever since. And that is to NEVER SETTLE!
When you are sprinting a race there is no time to take a rest, to just be on pace, to glide through until you finish. It’s a fight every second, every step, every moment. You start with power, you don’t settle, or give up and you end with everything you have.
In the mission there is no time to settle, there is so much to do here and so little time. There are so many people who need to hear the gospel but need diligent and active servants to help them come to the knowledge of the truth, when we settle, we lose blessings and the spirit is harder to hear because we are slowing down. And he is not. The sprit doesn’t settle.
Each one of us is running the same race as well, and each one of us every day needs to make the decision to never settle, it’s a constant and conscious thought. I know that there is a lot more that the Lord has in store for us. More knowledge, for experiences, more joy. But we need to be actively looking and with a heart open to hear, accept and apply the promptings of the spirit in our lives.
I can still hear my coach, her voice was always louder and clearer among the noise and cheers of the crowd.
“Don’t settle, Sayre, don’t you settle!”
The church it true. I know that everyone can know the truth if they are willing to humble themselves listen to the spirit and accept the will of the Lord…and never settle.

I love you family! And friends and those who read my blog. I don’t want you guys to just read this... but remember it and apply it in your lives.  



No comments:

Post a Comment