Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Aug 4th, 2014

Hello friends and family. I hope all is going very good and well for you.
I am just going so great!
This week we had a zone conference and learned about the importance of thinking outside the box, of being creative and using our own talents to work in the vineyard of the Lord. It is SOOOO important to develop talents and gifts of the spirit and USE them while you are on the mission. I have a testimony that there are people waiting specifically for me in every sector that I am called to… and if I am not myself and use what I got I will never find them. We are all different for a reason and that’s what makes this world awesome. I believe that we should, instead of focusing on how to blend in, focus on how to stand out. That is how we make a difference in this life.
Well as I told you last week I have been focusing on studying the scriptures and applying them directly into my life... And in 1 Nephi 3 and 4 I have learned a lot about the mission through the story of the journey of Nephi and his bros as they went to search for the plates of brass.. So thoughts... Of you would like to read along in the book of Mormon while reading this feel free... Maybe you can learn something as well!
v.2 mission calls are sent from God, to his prophets and then to us. They are very specific and have a purpose
v.3-4 a mission is not easy…
v.7 but it is so possible.
v.8 Our father in heaven is pleased with us when we obey
v.13 sometimes we will not have success and sometimes people will reject us and get mad, because we are doing what’s right.
v.14 sometimes we will miss our homes
v.15 but we are here for a reason and I did not come all this way for nothing... so I’m going to finish what I started!
v.16 be faithful and obedient in your missions
v.22-23 BE CREATIVE try new ideas and then try them again. God wants us to work and use our brains.
v.25 sometimes people will rob you and take your stuff (for ex. MY BACKPACK!)
v28... Sometimes you will have bad companions (but hopefully they will not beat you with a rod)
v.29 Now I cannot promise angles will visit you but you will have spiritual experiences and you will see miracles.
- If we put our trust in God, he will put the answer or solution we were looking for in our hands
CHAPTER 4
v.1 have no fear. Who is bigger God or men?
-try again don’t give up!
v.2 look top your leaders and heroes and their example. They will give you strength to act.
v.6 follow the spirit, he knows better than you!
v.10 sometimes we don’t know or understand why we need to do something…but do it anyway
v.14 remember the covenants you have made with God
v. 18 just do it with confidence
v. God will help us through Gifts of the spirit (gift of tongues)
v.31 blessing of morning exercises
v. 34 BE DILLIGENT
v.38 you will always leave the mission with more then you come with. For example Nephi got the brass plates a new sword, new clothes of Laban and a wife later on... haha
I love the scriptures and I love the mission!
Parley P. Pratt once said

¨if it is the will of God that I should spend my days proclaiming this gospel and bearing testimony of these things, I shall think myself highly privileged and honored. And when the spirit of God is upon me I think it matters very little what I suffer, what I sacrifice, whether I secure the honor or dishonor of men or whether I die, if it so be that I keep the faith, fight the good fight, and finish my course with joy. I will have all of eternity before me in which I can enjoy myself¨

No comments:

Post a Comment