Tuesday, March 18, 2014

March 17


HAPPY BIRTHDAY GRANPA BROWN! Thank you and grandma mina so much for all the letters and package! I love hearing from you guys. Love you and hope your birthday was a good one. Tell everyone that knows me in Colfax that I say hi!

Thank you so much Annalise for the recess! I enjoyed them so much! I hope all is going well in your studies in Virginia!?(I think Virginia if I remember correctly... and if you’re not in Virginia I hope all is going well in all of the other things that you are doing that occupies your time haha)


This week was very very busy. I feel like we have been running around all week... we had interviews with the president, our investigators had interviews with the president, we had people to teach, people to find, souls to save...you know the usual mission/ super hero stuff that we do. Thursday night was the climax of it all. Our whole zone was running around frantically throughout the night to find tunics for the baptisms that we were going to have, we got an emergency call that someone needed a blessing that night. and my phone was blowing up with other people and appts and other problems with our investigators.. And while all of that was happening I was teaching an English class.

By the end of the night, for one reason or another we all found ourselves in our church building for the last 15 min of the day. So all of us missionaries huddled around the piano and sang our guts out. It was so relieving to just end a stressful day singing together.

This week we also had a priesthood conference with all of the members on our stake. Some things that I learned...

-Put God and His work as our first priority

-everyone is at a different level in their conversion process. Those who are strong need to strengthen those who are weak. Those who are weak need to have the desire to be stronger. And we all need to be humble enough to remain teachable.

-for the people that are hard to get along with or annoying, love them. Because Jesus Christ loves them  

-Doctrine according to Ballard: ¨Our Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ are perfect gentleman, they will never interfere, but they will always respond... so ASK¨

We ended the week perfectly with the baptism of ELISEBETH! The first baptism of my companion... he had the opportunity to baptize her

 

No comments:

Post a Comment