Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Dec 3, 2013



HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAD! You probably thought I forgot your birthday like your other ungrateful children. But seeing as I am on a mission, and I am now your favorite child I would like to grace you with a picture of ME for your birthday... enjoy

Dad you’re lucky you’re not my companion... for his birthday we showered him with eggs flower rice oatmeal and any other thing we could think of. Then wrapped his head with toilet paper and lit a candle on top! We turned him into a cake!

Thanks for all you have done for me in my life, I have learned a lot from you and proud to say that I have inherited many of your traits, like a decreasing hair line, and a sarcastic ¨Stewart´ sense of humor. Haha love you dad!

Sounds like the family had a blast in Idaho for thanksgiving. Thanks for the pictures you sent me! Keep them coming. You know how bad of a memory I have so if you don't want me to forgot who you are...send me pictures... that goes for everyone reading this ya hear? (Shoot now I'm talking like Austin on his mission in the south :))
 
This week was very eventful. First of all I got a haircut. And in the pictures I will send;  don't laugh at me okay? I literally look like Mackelmore. 

There was a huge triathlon this week in Quillon! And it was killing me watching the people racing pass by on our way to lessons. The swimming part was in the lake close to our house, then the running and biking part was throughout the small town. Due to the race many of the streets were closed and everyone was out of their houses watching at the constants passed by. We were biking in the same direction as the racers at one point and there was a guy filming us! So look for us on TV! Haha


Last week we had an awesome activity with the branch. We put on a TALENT SHOW! And it turned our very well. I'm not sure if it was because we convinced a lot of people to come with the promise of food afterwards or not. But that's not important... Many of the members participated as well. I played the piano! Others sang hymns and songs, there was dancing a member recited a poem......and the missionaries danced thriller by Michael Jackson. 


 
The HIGHLIGHT of this week however is our investigator Monica. Friday she was married and was BAPTIZED! We are so happy for her and the decisions she has made in her life to get to this point. There has been such a change in her from the first day we passed by and now, after her baptism. There is a light about her; there is peace in her smile that wasn't there before. She is also the first in her family to join the gospel, she has set the example for all of her family and she is determined to do all that is necessary to be with her family forever. as of now her husband and her kids (2 are grown up but live at home, except for 1 which is 6) don't really want much right now, but with her spirit and determination, who knows what’s gonna happen!

No comments:

Post a Comment