Tuesday, December 31, 2013

December 31, 2013



 FAMILY! 
It was good to see you guys
That was like the fastest hour and a half of my life... and I didn’t even say half the things I wanted too but no matter... there’s always mother day...And that’s right around the river bend! (Yeah I know your starting to sing that Disney song)

Christmas was pretty awesome here too. Way different then in the states but I have to give them effort for trying. I just don’t understand why the Santa Claus here wears the same amount of clothing as in the states... I mean his fluffy giant red pants and coat look pretty uncomfortable to wear in the Chilean sun... I’m sure he sweats a lot.

Anyway it is tradition of Chile to have a big fancy dinner Christmas eve. And one of the members invited us over to their house and fed us until we had to loosen our belts. It was so good. But I ate shrimp. And I didn’t know we couldn’t eat shrimp on the mission... so I feel a little bad about that...but it was good. 
This family also gave us a stocking full of goodies! I was actually surprised how many members gave us gifts... I got a new tie, Chilean candy and baked goods and also RAY BANS! There so sweet and original... and even if there not I’m going to pretend that they are. But now I have the rayband song by b.o.b stuck in my head...

The best part about this week however was the BAPTISM of FRANCISCO. I gave the talk at his baptism and explained that this what he was doing was the best gift he could give to Christ. To be an example of him in all times in all things and in all places. He is 21 and thinking about serving a mission, he has already been to lessons with us and loves it.

The baptism was at 9 in the morning because he needed to work at 1030... So we needed to wake up at 4 to full up the baptismal fount with hot water... (Because we promised Francisco hot water)  BUT because of our mid night run to the church the next day I was taken ill. I tried to work through it and ended up throwing up outside of an apartment building...classy.

 I have been studying the life of Christ a lot...I mean every day I study that but this week my focus was on how we can have the spirit of Christmas, or the spirit of Christ always in our lives.
 Every one is searching for Christ in one way or another, and I think that is one reason  why people love the holiday season,  not because of the presents or the parties (okay maybe a little bit) but there is an different atmosphere, a spirit of service and  of love, and of Christ. I have been able to see this more than ever this year on the mission.

Christ is who I seek, Christ is who I serve. He is the Brother that I love. And I know that he lives because I have found him in my life

But not all have found him, not all can feel him, only those who have the desires to follow him, and allow him into their lives and hearts.

Thomas S Monson once said ¨ in these busy days there are many who have time for golf, time for shopping, time for work, time for play but no time for Christ. Lovely homes dot the land and provide rooms for eating rooms for sleeping, play rooms, sewing rooms and TV rooms, but no room for Jesus¨

Don’t we remember the story.....¨and they laid him in a manger because there was no room for him in the inn¨?

Jesus is our savior, our redeemer, our King. But sometimes we forget it.

MAKE SOME ROOM FOR JESUS PEOPLE


Merry Christmas and a happy new year and ¨god bless us, every one¨ (quote by that little kid in scrooge)


No comments:

Post a Comment