Monday, December 23, 2013

December 23, 2013



Talcahuano Sur, Cerro Verde Baby
As for my new sector it is very different than Quillon. It is in the outskirts of a big city and we are like 5 min away from the ocean! (But I have only seen in one time bummer right.) I am in a ward now and not a branch. At first I was happy to hear that, but it turns out that this ward is smaller than the church in quillon. On paper the ward is Huge, but no one goes to church. I think they must have missed the day when we taught the 10 commandments, or must have blanked on the 4th one when it said `` Acuèrdate del dìa de reposo y santificarlo. `` In translation, ``go to freaking church``
Apparently there hasn’t been a baptism in our sector for about a year. But we have already changed that. My new companion, Elder Sanchez baptized 1 person a week before I got here and my first week, we baptized another. This coming Saturday we have 1 more! WHATTTTT.
 The Lord has truly prepared people for us here in this sector. So many of the missionaries in the past have found many great people to teach here, but for some  reason (I don’t really know why) never committed them to act, to read to pray to be baptized. It is so important for us as members and missionaries to get people to do things, to develop their own testimony. They will not learn anything if we just talk and talk and talk and they don’t act.
Our new house is much bigger than the one in Quillon, and my bed is somewhat comfortable, except for that fact that it is the most squeakiest contraption of a bed I have ever had the misfortune of sleeping on. Seriously, I turn my head 3 cm and an explosion of squeaks and groans burst from every fold and bend of the metal frame. But in reality I don’t know what is more loud, my bed, or my companions snores. 
We have a great pool of new people to teach and I am very excited to get started.
 The 2 zones of Talcahuano and Talcahuano sur got together this week to sing to a group of kids and families who are in need. We joined with some charity group to help out and it was such an awesome experience. I love this season of Christmas because the Spirit of Christ is so much more prevalent.
Remember the real reason we have this holiday, and give thanks to our savior and Lord this week.
I love you all and can’t wait to talk to you Wednesday!
Grandma and Grandpa Stewart I got your package and loved it. You were right I was very surprised to see what was inside. Pleasantly surprised of course. My companions and I will enjoy every single packet of hot sauce form Del taco I received. But I decided to save the bubbles for Christmas morning.


As for the loss that has happened this week
I don’t think words can describe exactly who he was, because for those who knew him know that he was greater than just mere words. Lezo has always been a great example to me, as an athlete and as a person. I remember in high school Track I was always so excited to train hurdles with him, 1 because he is an amazing athlete and 2 also because he was just so fun to be around, except when he would do that weird thing with his mouth and glee on you, ha or give you a 5 star on the back. He always seemed to live on the bright side of life; he had a spirit of happiness and joy about him that I will never forget. I feel privileged to have known Lezo and to have called him my friend.

While thinking about Lezo a scripture in the bible come to my mind. This comes from the New Testament in parts of John 14,

``let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.
In My father’s house there are many Mansions, I go to prepare a place for you.
...I will come again and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.
I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.
Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your Heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.
If ye loved me, ye would rejoice...for I go unto the Father, and the Father is greater than I. ``

In times of hardships and pain the Lord is close to us, he is so close, yet we cannot see him. But we can feel his presence and his love. He is here for us. And we are here for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment