Monday, October 21, 2013

Oct 21, 2013

This week has been such a great learning experience for me. Through the mission work and through my own personal studies I have more fully realized my potential as a missionary, and more importantly my potential as a Child of our loving Heavenly Father.
 I started off the week a little down on myself for lack of success in our work. Every day we had great plans to teach, to find, to visit members and less actives. But then throughout the day nothing would end up working out the way I wanted it to. And THAT was the problem. It doesn't matter what plans I make, it doesn't matter what I want to do on any given day. This is the Lords Work and he wants me to do it his way. Because there is no other way that leads to the Salvation of his children.

Trust in the lord and he will support you in your trials and afflictions (Alma 36. 3) trust in the Lord and he will lead you where you need to go. Trust in the Lord and he will tell you what to say and when you need to say it.

Our potential as children of our Heavenly Father can only be reached through your savior, redeemer, and big brother Jesus Christ. I have only seen a glimpse of my potential, but that is enough to keep me hungry for more.

But more importantly I have more fully seen the potential for the people here in Quillon. Everyone has a divine potential and as missionaries we are here to help people, realize that and strive for that themselves.

I love this work.

This week we had a huge stake activity in Quillon with the single adults. It was great to help other people see and participate in the    missionary work. All of their single adults divided into companionship's and were missionary's for the afternoon. Knocking on doors, handing out pass along cards and teaching to everyone they saw.
 As missionary s ourselves we were in charge of training these single adults on how to be a missionary for an hour or so before hand. Stuff like what to say, where to go, how to teach.
 I was pretty nervous for this at first because I was going to have to teach a class all by myself to adults in limited Spanish and experience.
But it ended up just fine. I am enjoying teaching classes and lessons in Spanish.

We also had a ward activity called La Suerte De La Olla, where everyone brings food from different parts of the world and we all pig out for an hour or so. It was awesome.
 I made guacamole, or tried to because I gave been craving it lately and it turned out to be a success! Plus 10 for Chef Stewart!

Oh also a BIG thanks to the YSA Paradise Foothills ward in Scottsdale AZ for all your letters! Yes I did receive them and love all of them... even the ones of those people I don't even know... it was nice.

Love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment