Monday, October 13, 2014

Oct 13, 2014

As winter turns to spring the weather is changing from ice cold wind and rain to warm sun and light breeze. There are flowers everywhere and greenery exploding from the ground. Now that primary song makes sense... There is so much popcorn popping on the trees I can’t even handle it. But with the change of climate comes change of body temperature and sickness spreads like the zombie virus. But if it actually was the zombie virus I would so be infected because this week I was taken ill. Everyone said that it was spring time allergies but seeing as I don’t believe in that, I was just sick with a nasty cold and extreme head ache. But that aint gonna stop me!
I have learned that whenever you are tired or physically sick, its best to turn your thoughts away from yourself and direct them with love towards God and others… then light will enter in and give you the strength to move on. Plus no one likes a cry baby.
 My good ole companion is a great example of that. He was such a great mom this week making me breakfast helping me get better. And to thank this great act of kindness I got him sick! And then played the role of his mom helping him recover... it was a cruel trade off, but that’s life.
This week we had a service project in the house of a member where we gathered all of the trash, fallen trees and shrubs in her back yard to burn. It reminded me of when we used to have bonfires in our back yard. Good times in the Stewart household!
This week as I was pondering life and all that jazz, I was thinking about the secret to success. I am now very convinced that the secret is through making and setting goals. Daily goals, weekly goals, monthly goals and yearly goals are very important if we want to take advantage of the time that we have in this life. A day without a goal is a day wasted.
Some thoughts, ideas and goals I have set are as follows,
-I want to be better at making and setting goals
-I want to go to bed every night knowing that there was nothing more I could have done to serve God or others.
-I want to pray to God as if he was right in front of me. That requires preparation and mental determination; I mean God is the most important person ever so we should prepare to talk to him as if it were so
-write in my journal every other day (I tried every day but I am just not at that point yet.)
-practice music every other day (practice reading music and playing my ukulele)
-be exactly obedient... yeah it’s possible
-make a quote book! Because there are just too many one liners that I am going to forget
- buy and use post it notes (I want to be that type of person that puts post it notes on every possible open surface or free space.. what will I put on these notes, I don’t know yet but it’s a work in progress)
My goals are great right? I have a lot of others but you get the idea.
Goals reflect the desires of our hearts and if we actually follow through with our goals that is when our hopes turn into reality.
Anyway General conference was amazing right.
I loved what Elder Holland, one of the 12 apostles said in his talk about service and helping those who are in need. Everyone sees and recognizes those who are in need, but those that do all they can to help are those that the Lord smiles upon. We might not be able to do much, it might just be a drop in the ocean. But as Holland quoted mother Teresa, “If we don’t do it, there would be one less drop in the ocean now wouldn’t there.”
We all beg to the same God, we are all loved by the same Heavenly Father. We should all help each other get back to him together.

Love you!

I found a London pub! Shout out to my elder in England Elder BOS!



I made a hamburger! 

And nature! It’s all around!

No comments:

Post a Comment