Tuesday, September 23, 2014

September 23, 2014



It’s like the fourth of July here but just with Chileans…And a lot more drunk people roaming the streets. For this grand day the people usually gather in their families to eat, grill, and drink the weekend away.
Also every town sets up something called Ramada’s, which is a square block of land filled with these man made huts constructed using tree trunks and palm fronds (they kind of look like forts that kids would make in the woods). In these Ramada’s there are bon fires food, dancing and traditional Chilean games for the kids. But even amidst of all the festivities we were able to have a very successful week.
Thursday morning there was a giant parade and carnival like thing in the town square. So what did we do? We set up a booth to hand out pamphlets of Christ and FREE CANDY! I mean let’s be honest, who wouldn’t come to a booth that had free candy. It was very successful. The candy lured the kids over and we got a chance to talk to many families and other people as they passed by. Between the 4 of us missionaries we must have contacted more than 150 people and got down a lot of directions. We even found a new family of investigators, while talking in the plaza they didn’t give us their direction, but the first door we contacted that day in the afternoon happened to be them! They can run but they can’t hide! Wahahaha!  Just kidding...kinda
This past week I have eating so many empanadas that I thought I was going to explode. An empanada is a traditional food from Chile, composed of fried bread filled with chunks of meat, onions, delicious seasonings, and a part of a hardboiled egg, raisins, and an olive. Every single house that we entered offered us these empanadas so I’m pretty sure I have eaten more than 30 in the span of 4 days. I felt like I was sweating grease. What hey it’s all part of the experience right.
During this season of parities there are so many people home with their families, we had the opportunity to meet and teach a lot of new people! Gosh I just love being a missionary. Teaching and helping others understand and feel God more in their lives is so rewarding.
This week as well I have learned more of the Love that God has personally for me, And for everyone else.  It’s amazing to me that He doesn’t love all of us all in general, but he loves us personally. And he is personally worried and preoccupied with our problems and our desires and our wishes and dreams. If we pray with a sincere heart and with real intent with the faith that he is listening, he will answer you and reply back through the spirit. This week I have felt him reply personally to me through experiences and through other people.
God is working with us here and those who have eyes to see, and ears to hear will notice and catch on.
I love being an instrument in the Lords hands. And of we all get together we can make a band. And become famous.
I love you



No comments:

Post a Comment