Tuesday, September 16, 2014

September 15, 2014

Mychal happy birthday! My companion and I made a cake in the microwave for you and it was delicious! (As far as microwave cakes are concerned... I mean they can’t really be delicious but it was eatable which is what counts on the mission)
And mom I dislike that comment you made thinking that I am getting too fat to wear the pants I came with on the mission. Yes I can still wear them thank you very much.
I am actually losing weight (or lots of muscle) so I I’m going to come back from the mission looking like a twig.
This week we had an awesome family home evening reenacting Lehi’s dream. We bought an iron rod (grey rope), created a great and spacious building (of chairs), a tree of life (on the white board) and we even recreated the mist of darkness (which was a spray bottle filled with water  ...so as the people passed by clinging on the ¨iron rod¨  we sprayed them in the FACE with water (hehe).
 We explained the vision and acted out all the parts of the dream! When everyone eventually got to the tree we gave them a cup of fruit with whipped cream on top (delicious)! And explained the significance of this dream and related it to the gospel of Christ and enduring to the end.
One of the other elders even had the old animated book of Mormon story movies that we used to watch as a little kid! (The ones that ¨nest¨ created from the 90s I think) and we shared that with the branch!
This week I found a quote that I would like to share. It explains of the ability we have in this life to repent and become better people in Christ…
¨The purpose and central blessing in this life is Change. It is to be changed to become more like Jesus Christ. It is to incorporate into your character, the qualities of his character. It is to move from one degree of intelligence and capacity to the next and from there to the next, until you see God face to face and know him as he knows you¨
-Lawrence E Corbridge
I know that the greatest gift that God gave us is his son Jesus Christ and that through him we can be changed. On the mission I have met people without hope for the future and for their lives. They feel stuck in a hole and do not know how to get out. Lucky for us we know that it doesn’t matter how deep we have fallen. If we have the desires to change, we can. But it starts with us. We need to make the attempt and then Christ will come in to finish the rest.
Love you!
P.S. as we were walking the streets of Chillan I SAW A LLAMAS WITH HATS!!!

It was precious

No comments:

Post a Comment