Monday, September 2, 2013

September 2, 2013





 ´´Who shall treasure up my words shall not be deceived´´

The Book of Mormon is true. 



This week definitely had its ups and downs. But hey, that’s like alright because Thursday we had a wedding! the wedding lasted about 10 min, and the fiesta afterwards was for the next 8 hours. We stopped by to congratulate the couple and see if we could find new investigator there. That so didn’t happen; every one that wasn’t Mormon was hammered so instead we visited with the members there and ate ALL the food.  It was soo hard not to dance at that fiesta, they were playing half Chilean music half American pop culture music, and I was loving every SECOND of it. There were some snakes there though (snacks are creepy women who want to commit sins with us missionaries; we call them snakes because their eyes follow you everywhere you go). So we didn’t stay for very long.

I like what you said about being more Christian (Kates talk in church) that is such an important principle that I think many people forget. Many people here tell us that they believe in Christ, they have a church, and that they don’t want us to try to change their beliefs in God.  We are not here to change anyone’s belief in Christ, but to add on to it. To give them more tools to get to know Christ their savior better. Sometimes we start talking about the book of Mormon and they say...I read the bible Really you do? WELL SO DO I, and I love the bible too. Never forget the power of God’s word, whichever standard work it is in, book of Mormon or bible.

So I explained a little in my last post about our branch. In the next couple of months we will wither become a district or a ward. They get our numbers in about 30 days. So as missionaries we have created the 30 day challenge to become a ward. That pretty much means we are going to be working with the ward and its members a lot. Their ward is very small but I love it so much. There are a couple very faithful members here in Quillon, a lot of less active. We are going to fix that. 30 day challenge accepted.

We had a conference this Saturday with Elder and Hermana Gonzalez the area 70! It was awesome. Well I'm sure it was awesome, I didn’t understand all of it. Because everyone talks SO DANG FAST, but hey I will receive knowledge and blessings for trying. If I could choose, gift of tongues come my way!

Okay so who knew that my name was so hard to pronounce. S-t-e-w-a-r-t...? WRONG, no one can say it here. And then once I repeat it like 50 times and they still say it wrong I just say Si muy bien. And also pretty much every single people a meet makes a joke about my name and the movie Stewart little. Apparently that’s a popular movie here because everyone knows it, and they laugh at me, and then calls me Stewart little.

I also was asked if I was related to Ron Stewart. 

Greatest of all however was when we were in a lesson and our investigator asked us if we will marry a Chilean while we are here. We told her no and she was really bummed out, because she wanted us to mix races and have babies so she could see how attractive they would be. Haha
 Look here, I could just could tell you that, they would be attractive.

I have decided to create a distraction page. Every time I think of something back home, or songs I like, or ideas I have that don’t have to do with a mission I will write it down on my distraction page, so I will remember all the things I want to remember aft6er my mission, while still focusing on missionary work. Genius right.

I didn’t get to the bad news this week, because I don’t have time to write it. But who wants to hear about bad news anyway? Your welcome.

I love you family and friends that are reading this! And if I don’t know you and your reading this...I love you too


Also people eat bananas weird here, they take the whole banana out of the peal, and eat if from the side. Why do they eat a banana in possibly the worst way possible? The world will never know

No comments:

Post a Comment